Tuesday, July 28, 2009

On the Edge...

The house is gone, the boat is gone, and we are almost gone.... my notice at work has been given, and now I guess you could say I am "waiting it out", but it feels like more than that. As I have said, I have mixed emotions about leaving. I work with a great group of people and I enjoy what I do--ok, except the filing part(it does come in handy when your brain is fried though). Part of me feels guilty for leaving, especially for not giving more notice, but I had my reasons. In the end, of course, they will be fine without me. Hopefully they will get the help they have needed for a long time. ... So I am working really hard to get as much done there as I can before I am gone. The campground we are at is nice, I guess, as far as campgrounds go.... there is a small lake, but we haven't had time to walk around it yet. Hopefully we will this weekend. We are getting close to finishing everything we want to do to the Everest, at least for now. Mostly we are organized, except the bin of paperwork I have to go through, that came from the file cabinet at home. I am still trying to figure out how I want it organized, but I need to do it this weekend for sure. I am too tired at night to tackle something like that. We haven't figured out yet exactly where we go from here, and when we are leaving- sometime the week of the 10th, but we may have to get some work done on the Everest-nothing major, just warranty stuff. Paul is pretty vague when I ask him where he wants to go (PA,OH?) on the way to MA, and when do we want to land in MA, and I figure it doesnt really matter, so I don't push it. So, I feel like we are on the edge of the adventure, finishing the last of the things that keep us here; not quite on the road but past the day to day living that we had before we started this all. later.....

5 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! DON'T GO!!!
    No, we will NOT be fine without you! You rock and you can not be replaced here at work.
    -Michelle M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! No, we will not be fine without you! They will never be able to replace you Sue! You are the best! I hope you keep in touch and don't forget me. I am so exicted for you! One more week! Yay for you. Boo-hoo for me! I hope your enjoying the day of rain today! Yuck!
    -Pennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... Pennie and Michelle you only have 4-days to give her a run for her last paycheck! Nice RV, WOW very spacious. This is a cool blog site. Now are you taking up journalism? Oh, too competive with Jessie ahy? JK! That's okay with my spelling and punctuation I'll kep you busy! Just don't get to carried away. Well see you tomarrow!
    Karen :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I have never been mentioned in a bog before. I am a celebrity. We are expecting you to be here for New Years, we are planning now. I can set Jessie up with some Sigma Chi's for New Years also. Keep the blogs coming I enjoy living my life vicariously through you guys.
    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kirk,
    I am sure Jess is counting on you setting her up with some "Sigs" haha...once we get settled into a travel routine, we'll look at when we can get to Fresno and where to stay....etc.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive