Friday, December 23, 2011

Tis The…

El Paso 011Tis two days before Christmas and its snowing and blowing,
The highways are closed, the tow trucks are towing.
The trailer is shaking, the slides are pulled in, it’s white-out conditions. our patience:  wearing thin.
 


El Paso 0071 to 3 inches of snow is what they’re forecasting,
And with winds this strong, it feels like sandblasting!
The electric heater and furnace are both spewing heat,
in an effort to keep us warm- in this cold-quite a feat!


 
Muncie 064 The cat's looking scared, he's starting to pout,
he needs  a safe haven to wait the storm out.
To the closet he goes,              …... then the cabinet ...and drawer,
but I know nothing will suit him -   I've seen this routine before!




El Paso 025

His eyes soon light up,
his thoughts I could see,
as he debated which perch 
would most annoy me.
 
 
 





El Paso 032 With I and my lap top
and Paul the TV,
I get the spreadsheets,
he: "Live with Kelly"
 
 
El Paso 027 


We're not going out
with the wind chill in the teens,
guess its time for the cookbook
and the recipe for Pralines.
 
 
 



El Paso 034 We traded the brick house to avoid
just this season,
Our home now has wheels-that’s one of the reasons!
As much as I love this lone star state,
The cold and wet I totally hate.
 
 





Instead, next December
we might think it best
to say   Merry Christmas to all…
from sunny Key West!
florida trip 385
 

9 comments:

  1. Cute!!! Why are you in the snow? That's what the wheels are for before it gets there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so good Sue. Very creative.

    Poor Dozer. Believe it or not it is dry and reasonable mild here in the Pacific Northwest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. We had a few flurries during the night here in the Upper Midwest but if the wind blew we didn't feel it inside our apartment. I miss having wheels but I do like the warm inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute. You did an excellent job. But it looks so cold and miserable. I wish you were having nicer weather. Key West has certainly been warmer than here in AZ also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant!

    BUT

    Is there a little poetic licence involved here.....? We can't believe its really snowing in El Paso.

    Wherever you are whatever the weather we Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the "rv version."
    Poor Dozer...having a kittie. I know what's it's like when they can't find a good hiding place.

    Hang in there it will warm-up soon - or better yet - roll South!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...
    we were thinking of coming west, but maybe straight south is the way to go!!
    Is this El Paso??? ugh!
    stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous poem! And we LOVE the Key West idea!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive