Sunday, August 26, 2012

Blame it on the ipad

What am I talking about? Lack of blog posts….
I guess you’d need to have patience, waiting for a new post (as if life isn’t quite complete unless you hear from me!) And, I guess you can partially blame the lack of posts on my ipad, although to be fair, that’s not the whole reason there have been no posts.  While I was in Boston I was with my family.  When I am visiting with people, I don’t usually take the time to post much, and I very rarely remember to take out my camera, so there aren’t too many pictures.  But also, how weird is it that my laptop seems so archaic and annoying.  It takes sooo long to boot up and actually reach the internet, that I usually cringe at the thought of logging on.  Instead, if I want to go on the web, I grab my ipad and within seconds I am surfing away. The only problem with the ipad is that it is definitely not an easy way to post a blog post.  It’s great for most other things, but really annoying when it’s time for the blog. So writing my post on the fast and sleek ipad isn’t really a solution, and it’s not user friendly for pictures either.  Without special cords, I am limited to the pictures I take with my phone or the ipad itself. In fact, in the last few weeks I have taken so many pictures with my phone, Paul’s phone, the camera and the ipad, that I am really confused as to where my pictures are.  That will change now, since I am back home, with access to my computer.
     So, what exactly have I been doing- I spent the remainder of my “vacation” spending time with a few friends and my family, especially my son.  We had a great time and on my last night in town, the weather was so nice, I commented that it would be nice to be able to eat outside. Stephen had the great idea of going in to Boston to one of his favorite restaurants near Fenway Park. We took the “T” (mass transit) in from his house and had a great dinner sitting outside overlooking the city.
Once I was back home, Paul and I spent a day making plans and reservations.  We reserved our site in Michigan for a Mobile Suite rally, and our spot to go see our daughter later in the month.  We also reserved a month in Boston next spring.  We got the last site available because our plans to visit coincide with Memorial Day weekend. After several intense hours of looking at calendars and maps, we were all “planned out” and packed up to skedaddle out of Wall the next day. 
We’ve been on the road for two days, doing what we hate most- driving too many miles in one day.  Actually, today wasn’t bad, but yesterday he drove over 400 miles.  The cat did not appreciate that!  We are now sitting outside of Voyageurs National Park, waiting for tomorrow to start exploring.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya sista! Ipad is not blogger friendly, the pressure to post & long drives just kill my butt...As you know it may be weeks before I send something out, but by then it usually flows naturally rather than forcing it out. On the downside is that if I wait too long, I start to forget things...I still maintain blogging is a great way to document one's adventures. So no matter how much or little you do, it'll be worth it. Thanks so much for sharing Sue, always a pleasure to see something from you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive