Friday, May 2, 2014

Moving Mania (05-01-14)



Dozer
  The last two weeks have been a blur of activity. As you can see from the picture, some of us were more active than others.
  I decided to fly back to Boston to help my sister move, so out came the suitcase again.











dining roomMy visit this time around was only for 6 days.  I arrived a few days before the official move, and helped with the last minute packing, and the organization of the actual move.  I took absolutely no pictures on this trip, and stole this one from my sister.

The day of the move  the temps were in the 40s, and it rained most of the day.  Not a fun move- Once we got wet, we felt chilled most of the day. Still,  it all got done, and my sister and I went back to the old apartment the following day and did the last minute cleaning etc. 



Kirk I flew back to Fresno, CA a couple of days after helping my sister move, just in time to help our friends Kirk and Karen with the final two days of their move into their condo. Unfortunately, my luggage didn’t arrive back in California with me, and 3 days later, I finally received it this morning, after it sat in New York for 2 days.










temp
The weather for the move in Fresno was almost as challenging as the weather in Boston, for different reasons.
And just when I thought the moving was all done, my daughter called to say she is going to look at apartments this weekend. I think by the time she moves we’ll be on the way to Alaska, but she doesn’t have much to move anyway, so she should be fine.






So, the next move is our move into the truck camper.  We are still working on Kirk and Karen’s condo for the next week or so, and then we can focus on fixing up the camper and actually moving into it.

5 comments:

  1. Temperature in the Sacramento area has been pushing 96 degrees. It's way too hot for me. ** You're lucky they found your suitcase. Normally we never check just for that reason. I did one time and Southwest kept my bag and everything in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to come help us move into the Bungalow? Way too hot here also to do much moving so we'll wait for a few days til it cools back down a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving Mania indeed! And you aren't even done yet! That Alaska trip is gong to feel like a real vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be hard to move to the camper only because you will have to decide on essentials only.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive