Saturday, July 8, 2017

Dusting off the Old Blog (12-31-16)

Up until a few weeks ago, I was pretty convinced I was done blogging.  I started my blog in 2009 to write about the interesting and fun things we were seeing while we traveled the country in our trailer.



Menenhall glacier (10)


From Alaska…












Cape Spear (4)

…to Newfoundland…










we saw a lot of awesome things, traveling full time.

. aurora2 (56)


But then a couple of things happened.  In 2015, we built a winter home in Lake Havasu City, AZ, and became stationary for several months at a time. Soon thereafter,  2016 happened. 2016 turned out to be a very difficult and stressful year for us.  Dealing with several family issues, we weren’t able to go off and explore as usual, and my desire to blog disappeared.


Don’t get me wrong, we did squeeze in some fun, and got a few things accomplished around the house.


As soon as we returned home in October of 2016, we got to work on the landscaping:


IMG_8715                           IMG_8723



yard




Living in the desert, most of our yard is gravel, and our plants are very drought tolerant, although Paul does have everything on a drip irrigation system.  Since we are Margarita fanatics, I did spurge, and we planted a lime tree in the front yard.






It wasn’t long before our friends started arriving- we love having them around- we always have so much fun and they are always happy to pitch in and give a hand.


IMG_7127
IMG_7149



















IMG_7140
Of course, its not just OUR projects that get attention.  Our yard is a convenient place for friends to work on their rigs- especially since the guys are more than happy to offer advice, as well as help, haha.












The weather in Havasu is great for hiking during the cooler months so we took advantage and hiked Sara’s Crack, a slot canyon, and Lizard Peek- one of the highest peaks in the area (although that isn’t saying much).  I have been known to hike these trails by myself, just to get some exercise. And speaking of exercise, Planet Fitness arrived in Havasu and I immediately joined, and try to make it to the gym 4 times a week. There are Planet Fitness gyms all over the country, so I hope to keep it up once we are on the road.


IMG_7173                     IMG_7242





May (5)
In the early fall the weather is warm enough to use the boat and Jet Ski- although Paul hadn’t had time to fix the boat so we were limited to just the Jet Ski.












15774680_10209525770715076_4429066615612037857_oOnce winter set in, however, we needed a toy to play with off  the water. Once again it was time to call Paul’s brother Tom, and work out a deal on another Kawasaki product- this time a side by side, 4 seater.









20161225_150328One of our first add-ons was some state of the art headphones so that we can have conversations without yelling.











20161225_152027Soon enough, the holidays arrived and we had what we call a “yard full”.












IMG_7133In addition to our friends, our daughter Jessica managed to make it to our house for Thanksgiving and Christmas.















15675969_10209525775755202_8855354967713000501_o

Jess is fun to have around and I was glad she got to know our friends over the holidays.










19702434_10211269886276875_5470274219760448832_n















So, from eating at Thanksgiving…IMG_7129














to eating at Christmas….

15626273_10209525772275115_4160875421338824982_o



to drinking for New Years…..



15826041_10209571983870376_7971527713287609526_n

we had an awesome time.


To be continued……

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to continue blogging even though it is just once in a while. I love keeping up with you and with everyone else out there on the road. It was a great blog and a great wrap up! Keep them coming (please, not daily though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect way to catch up after a break... nicely done! Enjoyed our recent chat on the subject of blog books, and grateful for Sandie's suggestion. As I mentioned, we are pleased with our 2013 book, super easy, and look forward to the arrival of 2014, 2015 and 2016 next week. So, glad we have jumped back into blogging again, even if less frequently than in the past... I'm certain we will all be glad of the continued records, particularly years down the road. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have you back. We have yet to visit your beautiful home. Maybe this winter.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive