Friday, June 7, 2019

February (and March) 2019

Yep, I am combining February and March. Not because I suddenly got lazy, but because although March was a busy month, there wasn't much going on that is blog worthy.



 So here are the highlights:
Early February brings both mine and Paul’s anniversary (our 19th, this year!) and the Super Bowl.
I was determined to be home for both. We made it just in time.

















No one was happier than me when, after the Super Bowl, the New England Patriots could change their tagline from “Everything we Got” to “We got Everything”









Soon after we settled in at the house, people started arriving and the fun intensified.Hiking was still a regular occurrence, and the views of the lake never get old.
Planet Fitness was also a frequent destination for most of us. It’s so much easier to go to the gym when someone texts you in the morning “are you ready to go?”










Mid February brings the Winter Blast. This is a pyrotechnics show that lasts 4 days. We have been going for about 6 years and still enjoy it.  This year we booked two RV sites down at the show, so we could park our 5th wheel and still have room to park and set up tables and chairs.








Last year, in addition to RV friends, my cousin Linda came, and some friends from Michigan came as well. This year, our Michigan friends brought more friends of ours! We had a full house and had a great time!














Although our friends Carol and Larry were only with us for a few days, we managed to find time to bring them to the Desert Bar…














My cousin Linda and her husband Michael also made the trip to the Desert Bar with us. One of the perks to being in AZ is that I get to see her more often. We are only 6 months apart in age…and I have no intention of revealing who is older!













February and March are our biggest months for visitors..







and we always have a good time!


















We had barely recovered from Winter Blast when Paul’s birthday came around. We celebrated at our new favorite restaurant, El Paraiso, famous for their flaming Margaritas.
















Late February, early March we made a short road trip to El Paso to check on Paul’s mom.
On the way back we met up with some friends in Yuma, at the home of our good friends Steve and Carol.











March brought in slightly warmer weather (although this winter has hit some record low temperatures and hasn’t warmed up all that much!)
One of the perks to the rain we had was the awesome double rainbow over the house!





March also brought in a changing of the guard so to speak, as our vacationing friends left for home, and our RV friends settled in.
On the rare occasion that the weather was warm enough for boating, we took the boat out on the lake.











Jessica had a week off at the last minute, and came to spend a few days relaxing with us old folk.












And, of course there were more shared meals….at least we got to eat some of them outside!
















Although there was plenty of time for fun and games…..















There was also work to be done. Part of the reason I decided to update my blog is because Paul and I are headed to Europe this summer with Mike and Julie!  I know I will want to post about it, so I figured I’d better get caught up first.









Of course, we had some help planning our itinerary. We will spend about 6 weeks touring Scotland and Ireland, with a short visit to England at the beginning of the trip. Mike and Julie have done this trip several times, so their input has been invaluable.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive