well, I guess I should have put a "Merry Christmas" note on my blog, but I forgot all about the blog on Christmas day.
On the 23rd of December, Paul, Jess, Dozer and I drove to El Paso from San Diego, in one day- about 730 miles. Pretty tiring for Paul, and probably for Dozer.
It was a quiet Christmas eve and Christmas day. I am glad my "youngest" child is old enough to understand that life doesn't always go the way you want, and isn't always a fairy tale, and it isn't always about you.....
We all got up on Christmas and opened the few gifts we had. For the first time ever, Paul and I didn't get each other ANYthing.... after a great breakfast of bacon, sausage, cinnamon rolls etc.... Gerry and I headed to the hospital and Jess and Paul stayed home. Paul was in charge of cooking Christmas dinner. Gerry and I came home a little early, to relax and enjoy Christmas dinner.
Today was pretty much the same as yesterday. Gerry and I went to the hospital to spend the day with Tom, and Paul stayed home to get some projects done at his parents house.
We plan on leaving here to go back to San Diego on Tuesday, but we are keeping an eye on the weather, which isn't supposed to be all that great. If it looks bad, we'll leave earlier if necessary.
We are trying to research places to store the RV in El Paso, but are being thwarted by the holidays. Every place is closed until after the first of the year. Worse case we will stay at the RV park here for a week when we get back, while we research places to store it.
There has still been no change in Tom's condition- he is unconscious but breathing on his own.
No comments:
Post a Comment