We have settled into somewhat of a routine in the last week. Paul's mom leaves for the hospital in the morning, and stays all day usually, whereas Paul and I stay home in the morning, doing errands or small chores. One such errand was to scout out and join a gym. We were successful in finding a gym that fit our needs- in addition to the machines to work out with, there are classes such as Pilates and Step. We could also join a month at a time, although it was a better deal to do 3 months, so we did that. We have already been there several times (ouch) and hope to take a step class tomorrow. After lunch I walk to the hospital, since its only 1.3 miles from the house, and the weather has been in the 60s. Once I have more minutes on my cell phone (tomorrow) I can start using that time to call some friends! Its hard not being on the east coast since everytime I think of calling someone, its usually too late. I stay at the hospital until Gerry is ready to come home at about 5 pm.
Paul in general stays home and works on projects around the house that need to get done, like re-grouting bathrooms etc....He also ends up doing most of the dinner cooking since he is by far the best cook among us.
On Friday, Paul's brother Tom and his wife Sue will be flying in for the weekend. We all have a meeting with the doctor on Friday, so we'll see what ( if anything) he has to say. There has been no improvement in Tom's condition that we can see, nor has he gotten worse. He is still unconscious but breathing on his own.
Meantime, our trailer SHOULD be fixed. They are still waiting for one part to fix the sofa, and they are reasonably sure the flexing issue is fixed- once again, only time will tell. We have been debating whether to store it for a month, until we leave for Vegas, or keep it at a campground. There are pros and cons to both, but price is of course the biggest difference. We have made a decision,then changed our minds, about 5 times.
Paul and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary in February and we are thinking of spending a couple of nights in a hotel in Albuquerque, NM.
No comments:
Post a Comment