A quick update, since I don't want to go too long without posting anything. I am struggling to see, so there may be typos in my post. I went to an eye Dr. in December and ordered new glasses from Costco (we even had to re-join, just to be able to get the glasses.). When I got them, they weren't right. I wear progressive lenses, and my right eye was still blurry. Anyway, back and forth several times, long story short, I just dropped off my new glasses again to get re-done, so I am making do with OLD glasses from about 5 years ago. Can't see much.
The trailer is still at Camping World, apparently waiting for parts. We'll go check on it before the weekend, just to make sure its still plugged into the electric outlet. When last we left it, it was in a site with full hook-up, but who knows if they moved it. I want to sneak in to check on it, since I am happy for them to keep it as long as necessary. We are just going to store it for a month anyway, and the longer they have it, the cheaper the storage will be for us.
Tom (Paul's brother) and Sue have come and gone. It's been pretty sad around here, but it was good to have them here for a couple of days. We didn't end up meeting with the doctor (long story) although the "original" Porters did have a conference call with him on Saturday. We also had a meeting with a Neurosurgeon today, and got some new insight and feedback from him regarding Tom's condition. I think its going to be a very difficult time here in El Paso.
Technically, Paul and I, and Jess are all still "Michiganders" and because of that, I have made dentist and doctor appointments for all of us in Michigan this spring. Our daughter Jess also has jury duty in May, so we will pick her up from Ball State in Indiana, and head straight for Michigan, so she can fulfill her civic duty (at 20, she is pretty excited about it).
As for the near, and midterm future, Paul and I will book a last minute trip to Albuquerque in early Feb. for our anniversary. I think we will shift the days since the superbowl is on the 7th, and we'd like to be back in El Paso for that. I was very sad that Brett Favre didn't make it to the superbowl...he is "old" like us, so we were rooting for him. I guess we'll root for the Colts, since the Patriots are out, and I kind of think its cool that 2 Manning brothers are quarterbacks (plus, Jess DOES attend a college in Indiana).
This afternoon I finished booking flights for both of our kids to meet us in Las Vegas for Jess's spring break. Our son Stephen lives in Boston, and we booked a flight for him to meet us there for a couple of days, so all 4 of us will be together again for a couple of days. I am soo looking forward to that. Paul and I will take the trailer and the cat and head there, maybe leaving a little early, so we can do a little hiking along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment