Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Life

Life isn't always a barrel of fun.  That sums up where we are right about  now.  I had no intentions of posting anything at this point, but quite a few people are checking the blog to get an update, so I changed my mind.

For people who don't read on a regular basis- Paul and I are in El Paso with his parents.  His dad fell through the ceiling of the dining room in November, and has been unconscious ever since. We have been here on and off since November 30th.
Last Friday, Paul's brother Tom and his wife Sue flew in to El Paso  for the week, from California.  Sadly, Paul's dad has not improved at all and at this point, is not expected to survive the week.  We have been aware that this was coming for a while, and have been preparing as best we can.
Tomorrow we start our 24 hour a day vigil, as we "wait" for the inevitable.  Paul's mom has been very strong throughout this whole ordeal.  She and Tom have been married for 59 years.

Paul and I will stay here for the next month or so to help his mom cope with everything that needs to be dealt with.  I will fly out alone in a few weeks to move our daughter out of her dorm room in Indiana, and then fly back here.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry about the struggle your family is facing at this time. I sat with my Dad about 2 1/2 years ago when Mom died. She had Alzheimers but I still found it a peaceful time with her. Dad and I talked about all the fun things we could remember doing with Mom and the things they did during their 67 years together. As I look back now, I wouldn't have missed that time with Mom for anything.

    My prayers are with you that our Heavenly Father will give you peace.

    Sandie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive