Saturday, May 15, 2010

the answer to the question

The answer to the burning question in everyone's mind is no. Jess did not get on a jury, lucky for us.
We left Detroit in the middle of the afternoon.  She was told at one point that her panel would be chosen for a jury, but then 15 minutes later they said it was settled and they could leave.  That was nice for us.
We headed back to the hotel and just relaxed for a bit while I waited to go out to dinner and she waited for her friends to come and get her.
Dinner at Los Amigos with Beth and Lynn  was good -they have a new menu, surprisingly, although I ordered my usual Enchiladas Verdes- with a diet coke.  I am really used to Paul being there to drive, so that I can drink my Margaritas...but...I have gone 50 years of my life without getting behind the wheel of a car after having even a single drink, and I don't really want to change that.  I am what they call a "cheap drunk". Sometimes after only one drink, I can feel the effects, so I never take the risk.
Today was my day at Valassis, the place I used to work. I had made plans to have lunch with a friend of mine (Sue) who works there. Of course I showed up early since I wanted to make the rounds and say hi to everyone.  I didn't see everyone I was looking for (where were you, Matt??) but I saw a lot of people.  I really enjoyed working there, and the people I worked with, and it was bittersweet to see them all after 10 months on the road.
When Paul and I come back in August, I'll do a better job of making plans to see people.  This trip was pretty whirlwind.

At around 3 pm I had already gotten 4 calls from Jess wondering where the heck I was, so I finally headed out to pick her up.  We drove down to Muncie this afternoon, arriving around 8 pm.  Tomorrow afternoon I fly back to Texas, arriving at 8:30 pm.

2 comments:

  1. Sue,
    Sorry I missed you Friday but camping season is coming up, and I had to take Friday off to get some work done around the house so I can enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! I forgot you go MIA in the summer time.
    we'll be back in August- hope we can catch up then.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive