I posted a "riddle" on my Facebook page: Q: Whats worse than jury duty?
A: Sitting in a car, in downtown Detroit, in the cold, pouring rain, with thunder and lightning thrown in for good measure, while you wait for someone else to be released from Jury duty.
I do have my laptop and Internet access, but I forgot to bring my book that I wanted to read. That's what happens when I get up before 6 am I guess. I really don't dislike jury duty, in general, since I always think to myself that if, God forbid, I needed a jury, I would want people like myself (or in this case, my daughter) to be on it. This time around though, it would be nice if she doesn't get on one. If she does, I will have to change my flight back to Texas. No big deal, just a little annoying. Its a 35 mile hike back to the hotel and since she isn't allowed a phone, and could be released any time now (please!) it isn't worth driving back and forth. So, here I sit.
Yesterday was a pretty busy day, which started with Jess's physical (she's young and healthy- what a surprise), after which, she actually got all of her blood work done, since she hadn't eaten anything. She's getting her cholesterol tested for the first time. We met up with some of the neighbors for lunch at Applebees, then ran from there to drop Jess off to get her haircut, so I could get to the dentist.
Not a very exciting day- lunch was great though. Last night Jess went out with her friends again, and I met up with a couple of friends from work. We sat at Chilis for hours talking. I had a great time catching up on all the news etc.
Tonight its out to Los Amigos with some neighbors. Los Amigos is one of mine and Paul's favorite restaurants, but it sure isn't because of the food! They make a pretty good Margarita, but just as importantly, they have half price drinks before 6 pm, and you can always find a coupon for "buy one entree, get one free"- which means we can get out of there for under $25- for dinner and a pitcher of Margaritas. Great deal!
was jessie chosen for the jury?
ReplyDeleteDinner/drinks/hours of chat = fun! It was great seeing you again Sue! -Michelle
ReplyDelete