My flight flew through Denver this time around. I don't think I have ever flown through, or even seen, Denver before. We had to reroute around some tornadoes apparently, and it was pretty cloudy, but my view out the window was of mountain after mountain. Somehow I think they would be more impressive from the ground though. We'll see, hopefully.
Yesterday I felt pretty lousy- I think it was the combination of dehydration and the change in altitude. Doesn't bode well for when I get to the REAL mountains. I guess we'll just have to stay there long enough for my body to acclimate!
After all the eating I did last week, I decided I better get my body moving again. Plus, IF we go to Yosemite, Paul really wants to hike Half Dome, so I really need to get into better physical condition if I am going to attempt that (it's 14 miles with a 4800 ft elevation gain). I started the preparation by walking 2 miles down the hill, then 2 miles back up. I'll do that every day for a few days, then try to add to it.
Well, interesting- while typing away, I decided to google Half Dome. Due to an unusual amount of snow, it won't be opening for hiking when its supposed to be (May 22). Also, apparently you need a permit to hike it Friday through Sunday- not that we would hike it on a weekend anyway, but good to know. At this point it probably won't be open until at least the beginning of June. We wouldn't get there until then anyway, but I am not sure I want to be the first up the hill, so to speak.
Meanwhile, Paul is diligently working to fix the driveway, which is a long process, since it's broken into pieces in some spots. Its hot enough here now that he can't really be out there in the heat of the day unless its a cool day or there's a breeze.
No comments:
Post a Comment